Bid and Tender Manager
Active Tree Services
Location: Adelaide, Bairnsdale, Bathurst, Bayswater, Beaconsfield, Benalla, Central Coast Council, Colac, Croydon, Dubbo, Edwardstown, Geelong, Gosford, Goulburn, Inner West Council, Katoomba, Leongatha, Lilydale, Melbourne, Mona Vale, Morisset, Mount Gambier, Mount Kuring-Gai, Mount Waverley, Mudgee, Murray Bridge, Narellan, New South Wales, New South Wales, New South Wales, Newcastle, Northern Beaches Council, Orange, Port Pirie, Queanbeyan, Ringwood, Seymour, South Morang, Sydney, Traralgon, Victoria, Victoria, Victoria, Wangaratta, Warrnambool, Waterloo, Wodonga
Job Type: Full time
Active is looking to appoint a Tender and Bid Manager to join the team.
This role will be responsible for managing opportunities and bids for Vegetation Management, Arboricultural consulting and Ecology throughout the opportunity lifecycle, from opportunity pipeline tracking through bid delivery to contract award. This includes development and finalisation of win strategy, solution and price development; stakeholder and team engagement; legal and governance reviews; supervising day to day proposal activities and development; negotiation and handover to transition / operational teams / and bid close out.
The Tender and Bids Manager will lead the tender process ensuring targeted submissions are developed in consultation with the various departments and ensuring that business risk is managed whilst producing a compelling submission that meets our customers’ requirements. This is a broad hands-on role where you will be actively involved in co-ordinating tender timelines, building a winning strategy through, and assisting pricing the works.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: -
- Facilitate the establishment and implementation of a winning bid strategy and value for money solutions, driving the development and formation of unique and compelling value propositions
- Effectively plan, programme and manage the preparation of bids, assurance and approvals that are assigned to the role in accordance with Active policies and procedures, ensuring bids are submitted on time
- Engage and communicate that strategy to the bid team, and overview the execution of that strategy throughout the tender process
- Coordinate the estimate, risk management, commercial review, and methodology and programme to ensure consistency and alignment with the written submission and the bid strategy
- Ensure external quotations are sourced and managed in accordance with the system, including RFQ documentation and accompanying Commercial Terms
- Review of contract documentation and terms and conditions ensuring that risks are identified and mitigated
- Development of marketing material, tender library and case studies to support rapid tender turnaround
What we are looking for
- Proven track record of successfully leading large ($20m+ annual) proposals in either a vegetation management, service delivery, and/or construction environment
- Solid experience in tendering and contract management with Enterprise and Government customers
- Tender strategy development, business development and pricing experience
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, marketing, business or related discipline would be highly regarded
- Strong Commercial acumen and business understanding with the ability to think laterally and outside the box
What can we offer you
- Hybrid flexible working arrangements including working from home
- Up to $150,000 plus Superannuation and incentivised bonus program.
- Laptop, work from home set up and mobile phone provided
- A family owned and operated business, large enough to support your growth, but small enough that you are valued and have the ability to make a big impact
- A positive and collaborative culture that allows you to own and grow your ideas
- A free Employee Assistance Program that offers you and your family support
- Certified carbon neutral national organisation working towards a sustainable future
“Active has been very understanding and supportive of my family life.” – Administration Assistant
“It’s all about making sure people are nurtured, have the opportunity to grow and evolve, and can move up within the organisation.” – Learning Excellence Manager
“Quite honestly, they’re a great bunch of people to work with.” – Safety Advisor
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/