Job Type: Full time
The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting two constantly evolving national competitions, AFL and AFLW. Our purpose is to progress the game, so everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
We have a strong workforce presence in most States and Territories of Australia including Northern Territory, QLD, NSW / ACT, Victoria and Tasmania.
As the AFL/ AFLW competitions continue to grow and evolve at both the elite and community levels, we are focused on ensuring we attract and retain great people in both permanent and casual roles at all levels and within all areas of our industry.
Importantly, we aim to reflect the communities where our game is played by recruiting locally where possible to strengthen our connection to the ‘grassroots’ of our game. We are also fortunate to have hundreds of passionate volunteers within our industry, offering their time and expertise to help grow our game.
The AFL's purchase of Marvel Stadium in Docklands, Melbourne, further diversifies our workforce with more than 1000 casual employees to make every moment matter for our fans and customers.
As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary, we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. Please note, we undertake several screening processes to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee Working with Children/ Vulnerable People check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and firmly believe that diversity and inclusion is an important part of both the AFL and the communities in which we operate. Our game is for everyone, and we strive to be a workplace for everyone.
We care deeply for our people at the AFL with our primary focus being to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all. We strongly encourage and support all AFL team members to be vaccinated (including by receiving booster doses as recommended by the Relevant Authority and/or ATAGI). In addition, we’re committed to utilising other preventative health and safety measures as appropriate and/or as directed by Relevant Authorities to reduce the risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 in our workplaces.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ensure that all events managed by AFLNT are run efficiently and are delivered in a timely manner and within budget expectations. The role will also have a focus on developing the commercial return at TIO Stadium and other AFLNT managed venues as well as driving new premium events to TIO Stadium and Traeger Park.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Deliver high quality marquee events including AFL Games, Nichols Medal, NTFL Grand Final and Hall of Fame
- Support the NTFL through a range of events that enhance the competition's profile
- Support the delivery of activities and events across the business that promote AFL
- Manage all corporate events at TIO Stadium & TIO Traeger Park
- Lead NT Fixtured AFL Game project management, managing events and operations related to AFL matches in Darwin and Alice Springs
- Develop and maintain sound business relationships with stadium stakeholders, suppliers and user groups
- Manage Event Control ensuring the satisfactory performance of all key stadium stakeholders
- Manage the development, implementation and review of venue operational processes and procedures for the planning and monitoring of performance of service contracts involved with events
- Lead the development and implementation of the stadium’s security management plan and procedures for event days
- Oversee the management and growth of the AFL NT functions and events with regular review of business performance against set KPIs and agreed objectives.
- Promote stadium usage outside of AFL with a focus on commercial return
- Complete event estimates as required for contracting purposes
- Chair event planning / debrief meetings
- Conduct regular risk assessments and prepare contingency plans as required as part of events (ie. Wet weather / cyclone events)
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Formal qualifications in Venue, Events or Sports Management or equivalent preferred
- 3-4 years of relevant industry experience in a business development / stadium and event management role growing revenues
- Experience in dealing with contracts and delivering against contractual obligations
- Experience in building relationships with partner personnel to a senior level
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, be proactive and anticipate and plan for eventualities
- High level of written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work within a 24/7 environment
- An eye for detail and ability to exercise sound judgement
- A team player who will contribute to team goals
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining professionalism
- Experience with working not-for-profit or sporting industry or similar, desirable
- Understanding of social media concepts and developing digital marketing strategy, desirable
Please visit www.afl.com.au/careers/our-organisation
We are proudly a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, to see the great benefits that the AFL offers, please visit https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/afl
- Play The Day Your Way – a flexible approach to your working life
- My Development – lean into the AFL’s My Development program consisting of on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal learning
- Play Well – access to our extensive Health and Wellbeing program centered around our belief in a healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy workplace
- My Benefits – with thanks to our AFL Corporate Partners, access great benefits and discounts
- AFL Silver Memberships – permanent team members can access AFL matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG, enjoy and share the experience of our game with your family and friends!
Applications Close: 11 September 2022