Job Type: Full time
The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting two constantly evolving national competitions, AFL and AFLW. Our purpose is to progress the game, so everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
We have a strong workforce presence in most States and Territories of Australia including Northern Territory, QLD, NSW / ACT, Victoria and Tasmania.
As the AFL/ AFLW competitions continue to grow and evolve at both the elite and community levels, we are focused on ensuring we attract and retain great people in both permanent and casual roles at all levels and within all areas of our industry.
Importantly, we aim to reflect the communities where our game is played by recruiting locally where possible to strengthen our connection to the ‘grassroots’ of our game. We are also fortunate to have hundreds of passionate volunteers within our industry, offering their time and expertise to help grow our game.
The AFL's purchase of Marvel Stadium in Docklands, Melbourne, further diversifies our workforce with more than 1000 casual employees to make every moment matter for our fans and customers.
As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary, we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. Please note, we undertake several screening processes to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee Working with Children/ Vulnerable People check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and firmly believe that diversity and inclusion is an important part of both the AFL and the communities in which we operate. Our game is for everyone, and we strive to be a workplace for everyone.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Digital Analyst in the AFL Product and Insights team, you will be responsible for driving and delivering outstanding audience experiences across digital channels for AFL Digital to support audience growth, optimise commercial value and develop a 1:1 relationship with our fans. Products include mobile apps and web properties for AFL, Clubs, AFLW as well as broader support for community and other platforms where required.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Work with the Senior Insights Manager to manage the data and analytics approach for AFL Digital. This includes creating and maintaining regular reports and templates to key stakeholders, to provide a picture of the overall health of the digital media business.
- Work with the Senior Manager - Product & Insights, Senior Insights Manager and Product team to test and improve technical solutions or updates required to deliver the product roadmap in line with strategic priorities.
- Support internal stakeholders by driving insights-led strategic outcomes and operational efficiencies.
- Ensure data and analytics are accurate, represent the audience wants and needs, and drive strategic outcomes for the business.
- Work with Senior Insights Manager and key stakeholders to build and maintain a data-driven view of the AFL Digital business e.g. overall network health and its success.
- Create and manage self-service dashboards and coordinate training programs for AFL Digital, Commercial and Clubs with Looker Studio.
- Respond to business requests around reporting, benchmarking and forecasting across all platforms to measure content performance which may include audience reach and engagement on app, web or social.
- Work with the Product team to manage workload and requests with Google Partner agency to implement tracking, fixes and other ad-hoc requirements.
- Monitor and synthesise customer feedback channels and findings.
- Manage and update admin and technical processes and documentation.
- Work with Senior Insights Manager to ensure key and valuable audience segments are identified for business and commercial optimisation.
- Work with the Digital Marketing team to optimise GTM approach and additional measurement.
- Keep up to date with best practice and industry trends from key sources such as IAB, OzTAM, MFA, ADMA, Nielsen.
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Google Analytics a must-have, experience with Google Tag Manager or Google Cloud Platform would be ideal.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders with competing priorities and demonstrate ability to manage and reprioritise workload.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Track record of delivering analytics and insights that lead to improved audience and commercial outcomes.
- Detail oriented, familiar with agile work practices and appreciation for understanding processes.
- Knowledge and experience with website, A/B testing and optimisation tools such as Google Optimise/Optimizely, HotJar.
- A passion for staying up to date with technology changes, digital consumer trends and measurement.
- Previous experience in maintaining technical documentation across Google platforms (Google Analytics 360, GA4 and Firebase) or working with business analysts to interpret business requirements is a bonus.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate in a team environment, contributing positively to working relationships.
Please visit www.afl.com.au/careers/our-organisation
We are proudly a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, to see the great benefits that the AFL offers, please visit https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/afl
- Play The Day Your Way – a flexible approach to your working life
- My Development – lean into the AFL’s My Development program consisting of on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal learning
- Play Well – access to our extensive Health and Wellbeing program centered around our belief in a healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy workplace
- My Benefits – with thanks to our AFL Corporate Partners, access great benefits and discounts
- AFL Silver Memberships – permanent team members can access AFL matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG, enjoy and share the experience of our game with your family and friends!
We care deeply for our people at the AFL with our primary focus being to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all. We strongly encourage and support all AFL team members to be vaccinated (including by receiving booster doses as recommended by the Relevant Authority and/or ATAGI). In addition, we’re committed to utilising other preventative health and safety measures as appropriate and/or as directed by Relevant Authorities to reduce the risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 in our workplaces.
Applications Close: 15 February 2023