Job Type: Full time
Just as aluminium is the element of possibility, so too, are our current and future employees. When you join Alcoa, you have the opportunity to help define what it means to be a sustainable aluminium company. Our 135-year legacy gives you the systems and tools to thrive. We invented the industry and today we are redefining what it means to be a sustainable aluminium company from mines to metal. We are open, honest, accountable and do what we say we’ll do. We relentlessly pursue outstanding and sustainable results and creatively transform ideas into value. We treat all people with dignity and provide a diverse, inclusive work culture. We work safely, promote wellness, and protect the environment. Come grow your career, collaborate on a global scale and deliver materials essential to the world. Learn more about the endless career possibilities for you at Alcoa!
About the job
Are you a leader with exceptional problem solving and passion to lead and develop people? We are looking for the next Production Superintendent to join an Operation Area at our Wagerup Refinery.
Accountable for of all day-to-day functions inclusive of health & safety, environment, people, production, equipment management, budgeting and cost control, planning, and the training and development of employees. All whilst providing input into and implementation of the strategic plan and direction for your area.
This is an integral leadership position that will monitor and guide the people accountable for production activities in this area. You will encourage your area and its people to align with corporate policies, procedures and accepted professional standards to optimise business stability and production to achieve our strategic business goals!
You will lead and coach a team of front-line supervisors and their process operation crews operating across varied work schedules. Empowering and setting the boundaries for these individuals and groups to work within is vital to ensure decisions are made at the correct levels and by the responsible people!
To play a part in our ongoing success we are seeking someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Chemical, Process, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering desirable.
- Supervisory and leadership experience in a heavy industry environment ideally within mineral processing or alumina.
- A strong understanding and application of Environmental Health & Safety leadership and management.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Influential leadership skills with an effective approach to change management, encouraging and championing a workforce that is diverse and inclusive.
- A proactive, continuous improvement approach, and an ability to seek out new initiatives.
- A track record of driving performance in others to achieve short and long term operational goals.
We are searching for someone who will succeed through their team, with the passion to champion a positive team culture of understanding, accepting and working together to achieve a common goal.
If you believe you can fulfil the above criteria, we want to hear from you.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people, lead with courage – are at the foundation of everything we do.
At Alcoa we strive to create an inclusive workplace where employees can bring their whole selves to work regardless of their background. We know it starts and finishes with you, which is why our value ‘care for people’ is so important to us. It ensures not only your physical safety but also provides an inclusive and welcoming workplace for people from all walks of life, encouraging diversity of thought from each and every person.
We embrace change, new ideas and promote a culture of respect and equal opportunity. Our employment programs are underpinned by diversity and equality and continue to be recognised and rewarded. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women and LGBTIQ+ job seekers.
As an Alcoa employee, you will embark on growth opportunities and can truly make a difference being part of an organisation that respects and considers flexibility whilst empowering you with stimulating and challenging work.
Flexible work arrangements may be considered, please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
What’s on offer
- Excellent remuneration package
- Car allowance
- Benefits allowance
- Performance related bonus (variable)
- Industry leading superannuation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Novated car lease scheme
- Industry leading parental leave scheme
- Paid volunteer time
- Employee groups including the Social Club, Alcoa Women’s Network, EAGLE (Employees at Alcoa for Gay, Lesbian, bisexual and transgender Equality) and AWARE (Alcoans Working Actively for Racial-ethnic Equality)
Alcoa’s Australian operations represent one of the world’s largest integrated bauxite mining, alumina refining and aluminium smelting systems and add value to Australia’s local, state and national economies at every stage. Our Australian operations support approximately 4,370 direct jobs including multiple entry talent pathways/programs, predominantly in regional Western Australia.
Supported by our head office in Booragoon and the Bindjareb Regional office in Pinjarra, our operations include: our world-class Technology Development Centre of Excellence (COE), two bauxite mines in Western Australia (Huntly and Willowdale); three alumina refineries in Western Australia (Kwinana, Pinjarra and Wagerup); one aluminium smelter in Victoria (Portland); two dedicated port facilities in Western Australia (Kwinana and Bunbury); and two Alcoa Farmlands sites in Western Australia (Pinjarra and Wagerup).
Friday 7 October 2022
- Interviews may progress prior to the closing date, although all applications will be considered.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time.