Workers Compensation Co-Ordinator
Job Type: Full time
Just as aluminium is the element of possibility, so too, are our current and future employees. When you join Alcoa, you have the opportunity to help define what it means to be a sustainable aluminium company. Our 135-year legacy gives you the systems and tools to thrive. We invented the industry and today we are redefining what it means to be a sustainable aluminium company from mines to metal. We are open, honest, accountable and do what we say we’ll do. We relentlessly pursue outstanding and sustainable results and creatively transform ideas into value. We treat all people with dignity and provide a diverse, inclusive work culture. We work safely, promote wellness, and protect the environment. Come grow your career, collaborate on a global scale and deliver materials essential to the world. Learn more about the endless career possibilities for you at Alcoa!
About the job
Do you want to make a difference in a challenging yet dynamic environment? Do you value diversity and inclusion?
We are currently seeking a Workers Compensation Co-Ordinator to work at our Portland Aluminium Smelter. This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday.
As the Workers Compensation Co-Ordinator, you will report to the Human Resources Manager, working with a dotted line of accountability to the Work Cover Officer and be responsible for delivering a high level of customer service to employees who have claims for entitlements, under the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 (the Act). The Co-Ordinator is responsible for supporting processes and to ensure claims are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with State legislation, Workcover and Alcoa's Self Insurance requirements.
You will also be tasked with:
- Providing reports to Work Safe and within Alcoa as required, in a timely manner
- Ensure employees are informed of the workers compensation process and entitlements, and are provided with Workcover information
- Ensure electronic and hard copy files are regularly updated and maintained in an orderly manner
- Complete monthly & annual audit compliance protocols and conduct regular testing and reporting
- Support the administration requirements for the Human Resources Manager and at times the Smelter Manager
- Support the Human Resources department by providing and compiling information and maintaining records
To play a part in our ongoing success we are seeking someone with:
- An understanding of Workers Compensation would be highly regarded,
- Demonstrated ability to ensure confidentiality and use judgement,
- Proven ability to work with people in a respectful and empathetic manner,
- Previous administration experience is essential
- Previous accounts and payroll experience is highly regarded
- Strong computer literacy, including MS Office suite and
- Excellent attention to detail
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people, lead with courage – are at the foundation of everything we do.
At Alcoa, we strive to create an inclusive workplace where employees can bring their whole selves to work regardless of their background. We know it starts and finishes with you, which is why our value ‘care for people’ is so important to us. It ensures not only your physical safety but also provides an inclusive and welcoming workplace for people from all walks of life, encouraging diversity of thought from each and every person.
We embrace change, new ideas and promote a culture of respect and equal opportunity. Our employment programs are underpinned by diversity and equality and continue to be recognised and rewarded. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women and LGBTIQ+ job seekers.
As an Alcoa employee, you will embark on growth opportunities and can truly make a difference being part of an organisation that respects and considers flexibility while empowering you with stimulating and challenging work.
Flexible work arrangements may be considered, please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
What’s on offer?
- Excellent remuneration package
- Monthly Leisure Day
- Benefits allowance
- Performance related bonus (variable)
- Industry leading superannuation
- Industry leading parental leave scheme
- Paid annual volunteer hours
- Employee Assistance Program
- Novated car lease scheme
- Employee groups including the Alcoa Women’s Network and EAGLE (Employees at Alcoa for Gay, Lesbian, bisexual and transgender Equality)
Alcoa’s Australian operations represent one of the world’s largest integrated bauxite mining, alumina refining and aluminium smelting systems and add value to Australia’s local, state and national economies at every stage. Our Australian operations support approximately 4,370 direct jobs including multiple entry talent pathways/programs, predominantly in regional Western Australia.
Supported by our head office in Booragoon and the Bindjareb Regional office in Pinjarra, our operations include: our world-class Technology Development Centre of Excellence (COE), two bauxite mines in Western Australia (Huntly and Willowdale); three alumina refineries in Western Australia (Kwinana, Pinjarra and Wagerup); one aluminium smelter in Victoria (Portland); two dedicated port facilities in Western Australia (Kwinana and Bunbury); and two Alcoa Farmlands sites in Western Australia (Pinjarra and Wagerup).
Wednesday 30th November, 2022
- Interviews may progress prior to the closing date, although all applications will be considered.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time.