Project Director – Signalling
Job Type: Full time
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Reporting to the Projects Director – Site Tenders and forming part of the Senior Leadership team for ANZ, the Project Director – Signalling will be responsible for leading the delivery of interlocking and conventional projects within the portfolio of our Signalling business. This will include handling budget, program safety and quality performance, taking responsibility for key commercial decisions, and leading a dedicated project team to ensure the delivery of Alstom Projects in Victoria.
This role will be based in our Signalling Head Quarters in Melbourne, Victoria.
- Achieve the organization’s strategic goals while minimizing portfolio risk
- Ensure that the portfolio fits with his/her resource capability
- Balancing of the portfolio to ensure it creates the optimal value for the organization
- Manage and develop bid managers, project managers, sub-system managers and project management metiers
- Propose and provide support for improvement action plans in bids & projects (at Project reviews)
- Support the deployment of tenders and project Processes on site.
To be Successful
- Knowledge of signalling business and railway industry environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project and/or bid management.
- Previous experience in leadership role (Senior Project Management)
- Strong Commercial and Business Acumen
Why work with us:
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination status.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
If you are unable to be vaccinated for other reason(s), please provide those reason(s) in the application for our consideration.
Applications will close 14 October, please note that the shortlisting process may begin prior to closing date.
For more information, please contact Yvette Michael, Senior Talent Advisor
E : Yvette.Michael@alstomgroup.com.au