Project Finance Manager
Job Type: Full time
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom currently have an opening for a Finance Project manager to join our QNGR team based in Milton, QLD. As a key member of the QNGR Maintenance project, you will provide financial analysis, advice and guidance to support the project team in making the best business decisions for the project.
You will be the main partner for the financial strategy to enable success and contribute to the negotiation processes to achieve the most effective project outcomes. As an expert in your field, you will support the Project Manager in risks and opportunities process and sign-off contingencies/committed savings.
Key Responsibilities for this Role Include:
- Business partner to the Project Manager and other project functions as finance lead
- Manage controlling and financial reporting of projects in accordance with accounting policies and internal control rules.
- Produce all financial project reporting as requested (forecast cash flow, revenue, gross margin)
- Produce monthly claims and summary reports, as required, by the clients on time at the right level of quality in coordination with the project team.
- Analyse the execution performance and propose action plans to improve contract margin and cash profile as well as corrective action plans to mitigate identified risks
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance/commerce or another related discipline
- CPA or CA qualified (or working towards)
- Deep understanding of financial management principles and accountability for project financials
- Good understanding of project management practices and demonstrated commercial acumen
- Previous experience working in a construction, engineering or maintenance project type environment is essential
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel are critical, previous experience using SAP would be an advantage
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: [email protected]
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination status.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
If you are unable to be vaccinated for other reason(s), please provide those reason(s) in the application for our consideration.
Our Benefits include:
13 weeks paid parental leave
Free gym membership
Flexible working options
Salary continuance insurance