Technical expert/specialist Torque & Riveting Level 2
Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
We are looking for a Technical expert/specialist Torque & Riveting Level 2 who can coordinate the industrial control of the Special Processes (SP) during tender phase, product development, industrialization, manufacturing, warranty and maintenance. In this respect the person in charge complies with Ethics and Compliance policies.
- Contribute to tender phase, especially in product design and industrialization to take into account industrial constraints and requirements in order to optimize costs and minimize risks when needed.
- Contributes during specification and design phases to technical solution decisions associated to special processes.
- Build the SP REX and interact with product engineering to redirect the design if necessary.
- Manage industrial risk through Process FMEA and associated improvement action plan. Foster generic FMEA for standard manufacturing process (e.g. electronics products)
- Define requirements and rules (Design For Manufacturing) for associated tooling necessary to start production
- Qualify the product/process pair as well as industrial means to be put in place in line with the design
- Demonstrate QCD and EHS improvement linked to SP through efficient action plans. Measure performance linked with site industrial objectives and through APSYS audit for instance.
- Support Sourcing and Supplier Quality teams during quality crisis
- In case of major SP quality crisis (major technical risk, safety or financial), the expert must provide to the project manager, factually, a clear problem analysis (root causes, associated risks) and the options to exit the crisis, to enable him taking serenely position.
- Engineering degree in process engineering, electronics, electrical, mechanical or chemical
- Training and Qualification by a third party for SP if needed (e.g. welding)
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in industrial method
- Practice the concerned special process from 2 to 5 years (execution, definition, qualification)
- Has been trained to Alstom Special Process standard training
- Is officially recognised as expert by the Special Process central coordinator
This position will be based in Melbourne, VIC. We are offering permanent contract with potential to transfer locally or nationally, a competitive market salary package and the opportunity to work in Australia future rail projects.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination status.
13 Weeks Paid Parental Leave.
Free Gym Membership.
Flexible Working Options.
Salary Continuance Insurance.