Industrial Expert Welding Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Our Manufacturing team based in Dandenong is currently looking for an experienced Industrial Welding Engineer to join the manufacaturing operations and contribute to multiple projects.
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, your primary responsibility is to To coordinate the industrial control of the Special Processes (SP) during tender phase, product development, industrialization, manufacturing and warranty and to contribute to technology and activity transfers.
- Contribute to tender phase, especially in product design and industrialization to take into account industrial constraints and requirements in order to optimize costs and minimize risks.
- Manage industrial risk through Process FMEA and associated improvement action plan.
- Define requirements and rules for associated tooling necessary to start production.
- Support sourcing and SQD teams in the suppliers’ qualification and in quality follow up for suppliers concerned by SP. Contribute to development of local suppliers.
- Manage evolution of quality control process dedicated.
- Ensure continuous training and permanent qualification of the workers.
- Guarantees internal control and good application of process rules in line with customers’ requirements.
- Demonstrate QCD and EHS improvement linked to SP through efficient action plans. Measure performance linked with site industrial objectives and through APSYS audit for instance.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Graduated with an Engineering degree in process engineering, mechanical or electrical
- Training and Qualification by a third party for PS if need be (eg welding)
- Proven experience in industrial methods (welding)
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
If you are unable to be vaccinated for other reason(s), please provide those reason(s) in the application for our consideration.
18 weeks paid parental leave
Free gym membership
Flexible working options
Salary continuance insurance