Electronic Maintenance Engineer
Location: Rouse Hill
Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Our team in Rouse Hill is currently looking for an experienced Engineer who is interested in developing their career in Electronics within the Railway Industry with one of the world leaders in transport!
This is a key role within our Maintenance Services team in supporting the maintenance and repairs of the electronic systems and associated equipment for the Railway projects. Reporting directly to the Industrial Manager, you will be primarily responsible for organising its materials as needed to enable the completion of the responsibilities in accordance with the specified procedures and regulations of the companies Quality, Health and Safety procedures as planned by maintenance schedules.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Reliability of Records of the Maintenance activities
- Compliance with all Company WHS policies and procedures
- Carry out routine examinations (Ex: Cleaning), fault finding on component level, interrogation, and diagnostic testing on electronic equipment
- To actively maintain and repair the test bench and equipment available in the workshop.
- Follow all established safety procedures, good housekeeping practices and utilize safety equipment as required.
- To report daily, weekly on activities, problems found, and measures taken.
- To write, edit and fill in procedures, reports and check sheets.
- Install system hardware and software upgrades
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Qualifications as electronic repair. Good trouble shooting skills in electronic equipment (ex: PCB board diagnostic) is mandatory.
- Experience with all the troubleshooting equipment linked to an electronic system (Oscilloscope, multimeter, external power supply)
- ESD knowledge and application are required.
- Experience in Railway maintenance activity will be an advantage but not essential.
- Capabilities of designing test procedures / benches will be an advantage.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and in a high-pressure environment.
This is a permanent role based in Rouse Hill depot working in a high performing team environment.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination status.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
18 weeks paid parental leave
Free gym membership
Flexible working options
Salary continuance insurance