Senior Planning Manager
Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Throughout Australia, Alstom's objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions while creating value through innovation.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Planning Manager who is looking for the next step in their career, to be part of the Next Generation Trams project in Victoria! This is Australia's largest Light Rail contract which you will form part of the core project team, ensuring successful delivery of key milestones.
In this role the successful incumbent will manage the development and maintenance of the project schedule for both the internal and external stakeholders, in order to manage efficiently the time related commitments of the project. You will directly report to the Project Director and this is a key position within the Rollingstock portfolio.
- Analyse the schedule management requirements of the Customer (contractual tool, schedule structure, reporting constraints).
- Analyze the critical path and risks linked to the project schedule and propose the optimisation & mitigation actions.
- Ensures detail and update of the project schedule based on the contractual targets and data provided by all stakeholders.
- Actively participate in preparation, submission and negotiation of Claims, Extension of Time, Variation Orders, Defect Notices, and other time related contractual matters.
- Participate to the definition of the project schedule interfaces with the partners and the Customer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Engineering degree is essential (Preferably in Electrical, Mechatronics or Mechnical).
- Proven track record as a Planning Manager with ideally, 1 major project lead experience.
- Experience using Primavera P6 tool.
- Be able to challenge project team and highly proactive in proposing solutions.
- Agility to juggle with schedules (internal and customer schedules) simulations and various scenarii) and changing project goals.
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills, excellent team worker
This is a fulltime, permanent position, to be based in our Dandenong Site and is a fantastic opportunity for a Planning professional who is looking to take their career to the next step!
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: [email protected]
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing and provide your current Covid-19 Vaccination status.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
13 weeks paid parental leave
Free gym membership
Flexible working options
Salary continuance insurance