Industrial Quality Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic and expereienced Industrial Engineer to join our Xtrapolis 2.0 Rollingstock project in Ballarat!
In this role, you will report directly to the Project Quality & Safety Manager and using your indusrtial quality experience and knowledge, you will primarily be working with wider project team to ensure our products, installation and construction work is carried out in line with Alstom internal Quality plans and directives as well as contract requirements.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead onsite line production, installation and testing quality inspections/control activities.
- Stop the production in case of a defect which justifies mandatory rework.
- Launch NCR's, Snag for Non-compliant Product and Processes and actively participate in the follow up and resolution.
- Participate in joint inspection with internal and external stakeholder for hold and witness point activities.
- Support manufacturing teams in the self-inspection, FAR, FMR, SMR and validate the records.
- Assist in the writing and updating inspection procedures, protocol and checklists and regularly update per REX.
- Apply Alstom Zero Deviation Plan policy and follow site EHS rules and regularly liaise with site EHS teams.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/electronic or mechanical engineering (or equivalent through experience).
- Familiar with ISO 9001 Quality management systems, in-process inspections and quality procedures.
- Ability to analyse and critique task and issues in order to come up with mitigation strategies.
- Internal audit experience would be an advantage.
- Experience using MS office package, SharePoint, and Team-binder along with good IT skills.
- Prior experience working in a rail environment (or similar).
This position will be site based in Ballarat, Victoria and will require some travel between local participating units.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability, or ethnicity. We recognise that embracing flexibility is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.
An agile, inclusive, and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- 18- week paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging Leave