Technical Solutions Engineer
Location: North Ryde
Job Type: Full time
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We are currently seeking a Technical Solutions Engineer to join the Alstom Signalling and Infrastructure team. Reporting into the Product Sales Manager, the role of the Technical Solutions Engineer is to support the Product Sales Manager in providing our clients with Technical Support for the Alstom suite of Products.
- Building and promoting strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Attend meetings to support with technical solution discussions
- Identifying emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- New Product Introduction, including preparation of technical documentation and type approval process’s
- Key contact with Alstom Product Managers. Identifying product trends, such as obsolescence, end of life, last time buy, new products.
- Provide technical training and support to our customers on the correct use of our products
To be Successful
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience and knowledge with rail related Signaling equipment
- Good communication skills and the ability to disseminate information to a wide range of audience.
- Negotiation, influencing and problem solving ability
- Good commercial acumen and the ability to anticipate customer needs
- Ability to travel interstate
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
For more information, please contact Yvette Michael, Talent Lead
Why work with us
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave