Incoming Goods Quality Inspector
Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
We are currently searching for an energetic and driven Incoming Goods Quality Inspector to support the Rollingstock project.
In this role, you will be working with wider project team to make sure our products, installation and construction work is carried out in line with AT internal Quality plans and directives as well as contract requirements.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Participate to problem solving (8Ds) and continuous improvement initiatives with multiple departments and suppliers representatives.
- Perform incoming inspection activities on parts delivered by suppliers
- Initiate NCR's for Non-compliant Product and Processes and actively participate in the follow up and resolution.
- Issue quality alert on non-complaint process, document or any activities having potential to compromise project quality and safety aspect.
- Apply AZDP policy and follow site EHS rules and regularly liaise with site EHS teams.
- Lead effort to continuously improve process and plans in place and implement Right First-Time approach.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required includes:
- Technical diploma in mechanical engineering (or equivalent through experience).
- Familiar with ISO 9001 Quality management systems, in-process inspections and quality procedures.
- Welding inspection qualifications would be an advantage.
- Experience using MS office package, SharePoint
- Rigor, Communication and ability to lead.
- Prior experience working in a rail environment (or similar).
This position will be site based in Altona, Victoria. We are offering permanent contract with potential to transfer locally or nationally, a competitive market salary package and the opportunity to work in Australia future rail projects.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
13 Weeks Paid Parental Leave.
Free Gym Membership.
Flexible Working Options.
Salary Continuance Insurance.