Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Methods team as a Manufacturing Engineer based in Dandenong, Victoria.
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Methods Manager, you will be directly support the Production with the mechanical installation during final fit out of the product by defining and validating the detailed manufacturing process for a new product. You will perform industrial documentation for the project, define industrial master data and set the manufacturing method time while driving continuous improvement actions and industrialized product and process changes.
- Bring ideas to the Industrial Manager to guide product definition in order to improve the product manufacturability and achieve QCD targets and lastly, participate in P-FMEA.
- Participate to validation of prototypes if any.
- Request tooling when needed and write tooling specifications.
- Perform ERP routings, work instructions, and program CNC machines (where needed) and ensure EHS and ergonomic conditions.
- Participate in design and production validation and calculate precise method time.
- Industrialize retrofit after engineering changes: routings, work instructions, and tooling.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of Engineering and manufacturing processes and tools, IT-Systems, design documents, CAD and Supply Chain requirements.
- Strong Technical knowledge in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering and engineering change management.
- Hold concern for clarity and accuracy, understands manufacturing as an internal customer and engineering as an internal supplier. Sense of urgency and drive for improvement.
- Experience in Autocad and/or Catia V5 will be highly beneficial.
This is a fulltime permanent position to join a leader in the transport industry!
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
18 weeks paid parental leave
Free gym membership
Flexible working options
Salary continuance insurance