Rolling Stock Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed Supervisor to join our Rolling Stock Team based at Lilyfield. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the team to deliver planned and corrective maintenance activities across the Sydney Light Rail Fleet.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Planning and organising daily preventative and corrective maintenance activities and ensuring the LRV’s are available for service and contract requirements are met.
- Overseeing the in-depth fault finding, servicing and repair of the LRV’s.
- Ensuring that the team of Technicians have the right tools, equipment and competency required to perform the work by providing training and mentoring as necessary.
- Health & safety – Ensure team members always follow the correct working practices, all relative PPE equipment is being used and ensure the work areas and depot generally is kept clean and tidy.
- Take a lead role in regards to process improvement and ways of working within the depot.
- Help drive efficiency within the team to ensure availability and fleet performance is improved.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Mechanical or electrical trade qualification
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with the ability to lead and mentor a team for stronger outcomes
- Previous experience working within maintenance of rolling stock preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Good computer skills, in particular MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Commercially minded and customer focused.
This is a permanent role based at our Lilyfield depot and it presents an excellent opportunity for you to take your career to the next level!
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave