Operation Unit Manager
Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
We are currently looking for an Operation Unit Manager who is looking for the next step in their career. Reporting to the Site Production Manager the primary purpose of the role is to support the ramp up of the Next Generation Trams project managing all the manufacturing activities for the project in the workshop including leadership and mentorship to the employees of the manufacturing workshop organisation in the production site.
- Manufacturing contribution of EHS risks & Ergonomics analysis.
- Manufacturing resources & skills management (staffing, trainings, qualification)
- Industrial process Hand-over from Product Manufacturing Engineer to manufacturing.
- SQCD performance, and tracking the associated KPI
- Retrofit execution of first trains/products .
- Responsible for continuously improving occupational safety, including contractors (if applicable) working for the manufacturing line/workshop,
- Responsible for the development, which means further development of the qualification matrix for product-related and technology-related processes, as well as general technological and personal qualification.
- Tertiary Qualification in related field
- Previous experience in an industrial and/ or manufacturing environment as a Workshop Manager or Line Manager.
- Desirable experience in Railway industry.
- Experience managing Production staff in large groups.
This is a permanent role based in Dandenong.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
- Group salary continuance insurance plan
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Personal & professional development paths
- Bridging leave