Site Data Project Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains,as well as infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Purpose of the job:
- Lead, manage and control all engineering-related activities in the project to deliver on requirements, budget and schedule.
- Be technical representative to the project core team, supplier, customer and any external parties.
- Support project manager/director in all technical aspects in the project including incoming bids.
Reporting into Project Engineering Manager this role will be full-time based out of our Perth office.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Internal technical design support, review and discussion within Eng and Core team
- Work with PEM and manage the project deliverables (SA) in term of design, req. (SSRS), implementation, V&V, Safety for SA Site data
- Ensure the SA design is in line with the Req. and GP/GA product.
- Participate in RMS integration discussion,
- Manage integration at RMS (at SA level) and coordinate the RMS integration (GA level) for RMS PM. (optional, can be with PEM)
Enforce Engineering management processes
- Understanding Engineering obligations in term of standard, process/directive, regulation and ensure the engineering team follows and deliver to it.
- Recognise if any changes/impact to Alstom’s obligations and raise Change request awareness
- External technical support and discussion
Interact with customer on various technical problems and possible solutions
- Extend support/discussion with System Integration team in relation to RMS delivery.
- Technical discussion with third party suppliers on interface design/issue
Resource, budget and schedule control and reporting
- Define the SA delivery plan in line with development plan from GP/GA in term of timeframe and scope as well as overall project schedule.
- Overall control budget and resources for project SA and maintain KPI.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor in Engineering with 8-10 years of similar experience
- System interface and project delivery experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of CBTC systems, CBTC Maps, Signalling plans,.
- Understanding of signalling principles.
- Good understanding of Mining Rail operations, wayside and onboard configuration parameters.
- Understanding the operation of wayside objects like Points, detailers, level crossing , Asset protections systems.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave