Electrical Engineer - Crimping Expert
Job Type: Full time
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom has a permanent opening for an Electrical Engineer, Special Process Expert based in our Manufacturing site in Dandenong, VIC. In this role, you will assure compliance with the respective domain and international standards for electrical connection and crimping compliance. The role will require you to develop crimping processes and assure all relevant documents and instruction to meet the desired standards. You will act as a Lead support for electricians and crimping operators through mentoring and training, to ensure they hold the required qualification and competency relevant for the job. You will also play a proactive role in reviewing suppliers’ documents and provide the feedback if presented suppliers' processes meets ALSTOM standards.
- Coordinate the industrial control of the Special Processes (SP) electrical (crimping) during tender phase, product development, industrialization, manufacturing, warranty and maintenance
- Taking charge of special process measures in crimping and electrical connections; methods, machines, environment, resources and means to develop them to required standard
- Developing new crimping processes for new contracts and improving existing ones
- Overseeing the crimping facilities as a technical expert
- Creating work instructions, qualifying crimping processes, and improving existing ones.
- Training crimping operators and electricians
- Support technology and activity transfers
- Making decision and providing know how on crimping process
Requirements to succeed in this role:
- Degree in electronics or electrical engineering
- Sound experience and knowledge in electrical crimping special practices, tools and process (execution, definition, qualification)
- Experience in creating and/or reviewing crimping quality and process documents
- Rail, Automotive or Aviation manufacturing industry experience is preferred
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to solve problems, not just report them
- Ability to implement change and lead initiatives
- Meticulous nature and attention to details
At Alstom Transport, we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
- Group salary continuance insurance plan
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Personal & professional development paths
- Bridging leave