Train Validation Manager
Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Our Validation team currently has an exiciting new opportunity with the Xtrapolis 2.0 project team! We are seeking an experienced Train Validation Manager to lead the train certification and validation activities on the X'Trapolis 2.0 Project.
In this role you will be primarily responsible for the validation scope from establishing & organizing technical Interface with customer, producing customer documents and obtaining customer approval when necessary. You will also implement the standard process and related methodologies and tools in order to ensure validation efficiency.
This is a fulltime position based in our Queen St office with site travel required when need be.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Reviewing part of the Sub-System Validation Plan relevant to test at Train level and accepting (to be included in Train Validation Plan) or rejecting considering other possibilities
- Managing the Train level validation activities, creating and maintaining the Validation Plan
- Managing the Train Validation project team
- Approving Train System handover
- Managing the validation schedule, optimizing the validation sequence in relationship with the train design and configuration maturity and test means availability
- Providing structured reports to feed costing activities, and to enrich the Train Validation metier technical repository.
- EHS KPI and compliancy to EHS rules in Validation activities
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven track record in team and project management, working with multi-sites team and project team which would include customer and external stakeholders
- Train system knowledge (system analysis, railways) is required
- Knowledge of planning tools is highly beneficial
- Knowledge of Work Package Management
- Degree qualified is highly desirable.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
13 Weeks Paid Parental Leave.
Free Gym Membership.
Flexible Working Options.
Salary Continuance Insurance.