Senior Human Factors Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Human Factors Specialist to join our team in Brisbane!
Reporting to the Studio Design Manager, you will work directly with our projects and bid teams for rollingstock in Australia. This diverse role will support the design review, development and production of various rail vehicules considering driver facilities, passenger areas and maintenance.
You will form a critical interface with our customer and relevant stakeholders to ensure our products are fit for purpose.
You will be operative on the following activities:
- Provide evidence-based advice to experienced engineers to ensure systems consider human factors
- Develop and maintain a Human Factors Management Plan and Issues Registry throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop anthropometric data sets, test procedures, task error / workload analysis, questionnaire definition and interpretation of feedback / lessons learned
- Prepare questionnaire, drive tests with customers using mock-up and support design evolution
- Utilise methodologies for workload analysis, human error and human reliability analysis
- Align human factors outputs in a timely way to verify and validate the systems engineering approach through the various project phases
- Heuristic analysis with Norman & Nielsen or Bastien & Scapin methodology
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Factors or similar field of study (industrial design, ergonomics, psychology)
- Membership to the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia (HFESA)
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Experience in the rail industry is desirable
- Knowledge in Catia V5, Human Builder, Human Posture Analysis, Human Activities Analysis is preferred
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
18 weeks paid parental leave
Free gym membership
Flexible working options
Salary continuance insurance