Job Type: Full time
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
The primary role of Commissioning Engineer is to prepare and execute test and commissioning activities for signalling systems on field, in support to one or several projects. This is a full time permanent role based out of Perth with direct reporting to the Senior On-Board Tester.
Preparation & Planning
- Working closely with the Test Manager and key stakeholders, identify all safe working requirements necessary to perform the works and develop a comprehensive plan identifying individual and specific arrangements for each and every site-based activity.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that all possession requests have been submitted in the appropriate client approved format and within the periods mandated under the contract and resources have been identified and booked.
- Take direct responsibility for identifying and confirming the appropriate safe working arrangements and the specific controls are in place to manage the handover of sites from and to the client and ensure that the process has been followed compliantly and diligently.
Logistics and Procurement
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders, to ensure that the logistics support for safe working is identified and requested top the appropriate workstreams and that purchase orders have been raised where necessary for track protection officers and other safe working arrangements.
Safety & Compliance
- Working with site teams, provide safe working taking possessions to support site works, completing and compiling, maintaining and submitting appropriate documentation and records.
- Ensure that all project safe systems of work, procedures and processes are fully understood and complied with at all times, contributing and supporting to safety discussions and inputs and take personal responsibility for safety at all times.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Master's degree in engineering (preferably electronics or embedded systems) or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 10 Years experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally.
- Previous experience working with Communication systems, Networks, Lab systems.
- Railway and signalling knowledge (desirable).
- Rigorous & team player.
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave