Suppler Product Quality Development Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
We are currently looking for an experienced Suppler Product Quality Development Engineer to join our quality team to support the product development phase with suppliers in order to provide products that meet quality and specifications. You will also be responsible for managing quality issues as they appear during the first deliveries after inspection.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible at tender phase to communicate and validate quality specifications and Quality product file (Supplier Product Quality Development plan (SPQD plan) in anticipation with suppliers.
- Manage the comparison matrix (the Supplier Quality Status (SQS)) phase till the Business Award in coordination with sourcing, validate the relevant waivers.
- Perform SPQD plan by setting-up relevant action plan all along the product / process development to reach Supplier FAI Go on time.
- Apply the Design For Quality (DFQ) process and validate each milestone for external subsystems.
- Responsible to perform the handover with Supplier Quality Assurance Engineers and Professionals.
- Manage warranty issues linked to suppliers in collaboration with Project warranty responsible.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (Industrial focus highly beneficial)
- Additional Industrial Process qualifications would be highly regarded
- Experience in Industrial environment (Welding/ fabrication)
- Quality auditing qualification/ experience with suppliers would be beneficial
This is a permanent opportunity with flexible work location options either to be based in our Melbourne Office or in Ballarat. There will be supplier visits, therefore travel is required on a regular basis.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.