Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Full time, permanent position with competitive salary and benefits
- Location: Sydney (Other locations considered) Work from home flexibility
- Grow your career in a supportive and inclusive environment
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries, and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
This role will be dedicated to the CTRM (Commodity Trading & Risk Management) Project and drive long term enhancement of the Trading & Shipping/Terminal Distribution suite of software solutions by ensuring business processes and application functionalities for both current and future state are collated and implemented. In this role you will work closely with project specialists, business stakeholders, technical members of the Trading & Shipping Tech Team and the wider IT group to extract value from the application portfolio whilst remaining consistent with Ampol Group’s overall strategic IT direction.
- Develop Trading & Supply/Terminal Distribution (primary) user stories in support of business processes and organisational requirements through effective engagement and stakeholder management.
- End to end process knowledge of the Trading & Supply/Terminal Distribution (primary) business and a willingness to drive change by challenging the status quo in pursuit of efficient and effective processes for the business.
- Work closely with development teams during all dev phases to ensure all key requirements are met and testing has been signed and verified.
- Coordinate and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities
- Work with Product Owners, Solution Architect, Data Lead, QA Lead and internal technical team (and technology service providers/vendors) to scope, prioritise, plan and execute delivery of requirements
- Working experience within an Agile delivery framework
You are a team player and driven individual who enjoys working in an ever changing and fast paced corporate environment and will bring collaborative and supportive stakeholder management skills. You will demonstrate a commitment to proactive investigation and have a continuous improvement and growth mindset.
Key skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in computer science/engineering/information technology
- Previous Business analyst experience or minimum 3 years in a related role
- Excellent knowledge and experience of gathering requirements including leading workshops and requirements analysis
- High knowledge in Commodity Trading (Physical and Paper) and Bulk Liquid Logistics processes
- Experience in Energy/Commodity Trading and Risk Management (ETRM/CTRM) applications such as Allegro, Triple Point, Endur, Aspect is desirable
- experience using SAP ECC is desirable
- Proven experience of managing process change including leading process redesign workshops and business process analysis and experience using business process modelling notations (e.g., BPMN, EPC, BPEL) for documenting is desirable
- Proficient written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for two privately used cars!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Care for your Community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners.
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today.