DEPOT OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Temporary full-time position (to cover maternity leave)
- Goondiwindi, Roma or Toowoomba based
- Generalist customer focused operations role within our distribution business
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own
About the team:
A great time to join us as we are reinvigorating our Ampol Petroleum Distributors business! It is an integral part of our Ampol supply chain, meeting the needs of a diverse set of customers, particularly those in rural and regional locations. We distribute fuels and lubricants products from a network of depots across QLD, NSW and WA, operate up to 100 tanker trucks and employ over 150 dedicated employees.
We are investing in our infrastructure, fleet and people to ensure that we can continue to provide, safe, reliable and competitive supply to our valued customers, both today and into the future. Newly created roles within the team provide new joiners with broad experiences and interactions with customers, colleagues and teams right across the organisation, setting up our talent for future success with job opportunities across Ampol.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
Reporting to the Territory Manager, you will be responsible for customer service, order processing, reporting, stock management, administration and completion of routine depot compliance tasks. You will also carry out local deliveries of packaged lubricants products.
You will play an important role as part of a wider team across a network of depots within the region, working with fleet supervisors, drivers and other Depot Operations Coordinators to deliver safe, reliable and competitive outcomes for our customers. This is a busy and varied role offering breadth and scope, with opportunities for learning and development into other roles.
You will work from our depot In Goodiwindi and work standard business hours Monday to Friday with occasional after hours or weekend work where required.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers of the depot including responding to customer queries, generate quotes, recording sales and managing ongoing orders
- Completion of day-to- day administrative duties to support the depot
- Receipting, warehousing, reconciliation, dispatch and delivery of packaged lubricants products
- Steward health, safety and wellbeing across all depot activities
- Completion of routine depot compliance, maintenance and inspection tasks
- Other ad-hoc duties as required by the Territory Manager
Skills and experience:
- Customer service and stock control/management experience
- Understanding of safe work practices and transport/logistics
- Forklift license is desirable
- Experience working in an industrial environment essential, those with experience in dangerous goods/petroleum industry is desirable however not mandatory
What we can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today. Application closes on the 7 October 2022.