AREA SALES MANAGER, VIC
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
Ampol supplies fuel to approximately 80,000 business customers in diverse markets across the Australian economy, including defence, mining, transport, marine, agriculture, aviation and other commercial sectors. Our retail network also serves approximately three million customers every week with fuel and convenience products.
We now also have the goal of becoming the supplier of choice with alternative energy solutions to power better journeys including the development of electric vehicles and other non-traditional transport fuels present an opportunity for Ampol to decarbonise the transport market and leverage our existing position into clean charging infrastructure.
Energy Transition and Decarbonisation is one of Ampol’s four strategic pillars, a key priority area that will help ensure we deliver on our purpose to ‘power better journeys today and tomorrow’.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
As one of Australia’s lead mobility enablers the position of Area Sales Manager is focused on growing our fuel and lubricant portfolio in Metro Melbourne and Eastern Vic. This is an autonomous and highly visible role for a self-motivated business professional.
As an Area Sales Manager in VIC, you will be responsible for managing and growing Ampol’s existing relationships and profitability with customers in Automotive markets including Car dealerships and OEM’s.
This role will report to the VIC Regional Sales Manager and will be part of a National Lubricants Sales team, with like-minded colleagues based in most states.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sell and promote the full range of Ampol products and services to national and regional customers and prospects to meet agreed sales volume and revenue objectives
- Maintain a sales pipeline designed to deliver on the Ampol Lubricant business plan
- Deliver on Ampol’s B2B Customer Value Proposition through use of available tools and resources
- Work with customers to identify options to develop decarbonization plans
- Work cross functionally to deliver value to Ampol and the customers involved
- Foster strong working peer relationships among B2B team and other business stakeholders
- Work with our Future Energy team to identify growth opportunities in that emerging market
- Provide input into strategy and product development for Ampol’s range of products and services
You will ideally have proven experience in sales with a focus on acquiring profitable new customers together with account management skills and the ability to demonstrate how you have built strong relationships and consistently add value to existing customers.
Supporting your business acumen, you’ll ideally have a tertiary qualification or equivalent in Sales and Marketing, Commerce or Engineering, and your determined nature to join a company that’s going places will be essential to success in this position.
Key skills and experience:
- Action oriented person, able to drive key sales project outcomes
- 5 years’ + experience in a commercial/Automotive B2B environment
- Exceptional customer relationship and negotiation skills
- Networking skills across focus market segments
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Innovative thinker with the ability to conceptualise, develop and implement complex proposals
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for two privately used cars!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Care for your Community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners.
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Applications close Friday 2 December 2022.
Thank you to our prospective agency partners for your interest, we are not accepting CV’s at this time.