Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Temporary 6 month Opportunity
- Location: Sydney - Work from home flexibility
- Grow your career in a supportive and inclusive environment
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our Key leader's career stories supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
In this role you will support the Program Manager with the change aspects of Project Connect, a major IT project replacing the systems underpinning Ampol’s AmpolCard and AmpolCash products.
This role is an initial 6 month opportunity.
- Ensure business stakeholders are engaged and understand the change impacts of the project
- Assess potential business changes, resultant impacts and mitigation plan(s) and work with the business to ensure these are in place
- Co-ordinate preparation of documentation and training for end users of the new systems
- Complete regular status reporting of the change workstream as part of the broader program of work
- Provide assistance for and/or co-ordination of workshops with business and external stakeholders
- Support and provide co-ordination for communications activities to internal stakeholders and customers
You will be an individual who has a high level of integrity and will join a team of professionals who work cohesively and independently as a team to ensure good business objectives are achieved.
You will be a self- starter and bring well developed interpersonal and communication skills and will be able to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
We are ideally looking for an outcome focused individual with Tertiary qualification in Change Analyst/ management disciplines or previous experience (5 years) in a similar function.
Key skills and experience:
- Ability to write high quality reports and strong presentation skills
- Experience with organizational change is desirable
- Experience co-ordinating groups of people, driving delivery and holding individuals to account is essential
- Experience tracking and reporting on status and outcomes of deliverables
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Sharepoint administration with strengths in Excel
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Applications close 15 December.
Please ensure you have registered your interest in this position with your current manager upon application.