Asset Manager - NSW/ACT
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Permanent Full-time opportunity
- Grow your career in a supportive and inclusive environment
- Location: Sydney (Sydney/ACT region) | Work from home flexibility
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our Key leader's career stories supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role
- Supporting the Ampol Real Estate Team to develop and execute the Ampol Real Estate Strategy. The Asset Manager will be tasked with the delivery of various activities, including but not limited to:
- Manage the renewal, surrender and renegotiation of new and existing revenue and expense leases for the region with a focus on lease and regulatory compliance and identifying value add opportunities.
- Obtaining relevant internal and external information necessary to develop and execute internal business case recommendations to senior management.
- Monitor and record regional portfolio asset issues and provide recommendations for improvement and rectification.
- Assist in the management of new and existing leasing arrangements within the portfolio whilst ensuring compliance with all lease obligations and relevant laws and regulations.
- Organise and undertake property related due diligence for various leasing or acquisition activities and assist in the preparation and presentation of business case submissions to Ampol Senior Management.
- Liaise and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Ampol Real Estate team are responsive to current and future needs of the Ampol business or external market trends.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and reports, correspondence, and update registers relevant to leasing and property matters in accordance with Ampol Real Estate team requirements.
- Assist in the gathering of technical advice for due diligence purposes of potential property acquisitions. Further providing aid in assessing and evaluating the feasibility, suitability, and potential of each site to become a successful Ampol Network Location.
- Assist in the preparation of legal documentation pertaining to lease renewal, exit and acquisition activities.
- Maintain strict compliance with Ampol Governance procedures with a focus on continuous improvement
You will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated property professional looking to develop your career within one of Australia’s leading ASX corporations. You will possess a solid background in Retail or QSR property with the analytical skills and commercial acumen necessary to drive Ampols’ ambitious Real Estate Strategy
Key Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in a business or relevant discipline
- Minimum of six years Property Management experience in a commercial / retail setting.
- Knowledgeable in property management including demonstrated experience in lease negotiations
- Experience in the oil industry/large retail chain/fast food industry is highly desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suites
- Ability to travel regionally to sites when required
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for two privately used cars!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Care for your community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today.
Applications close Thursday 2 February 2023.