PROGRAM MANAGER - DECARBONISATION
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
As one of Australia’s lead mobility enablers, the development of electric vehicles and other non-traditional transport fuels present an opportunity for Ampol to decarbonise the transport market and leverage our existing position into clean charging infrastructure.
Energy Transition and Decarbonisation is one of Ampol’s four strategic pillars, a key priority area that will help ensure we deliver on our purpose to ‘power better journeys today and tomorrow’.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
The Program Manager Decarbonisation will develop and lead the Decarbonisation Program at Lytton Refinery to deliver initiatives and programs of work across whole refinery function to reduce carbon emissions by operating more efficiently and achieve Ampol’s carbon reduction targets.
Reporting to the Technical and Engineering Manager, the Program Manager Decarbonisation will build sustainable relationships with key stakeholders across Operations, Maintenance, Process, Development, Projects, and Supply teams and identify, qualify, pursue and progress opportunities to innovate process and initiatives aligned to decarbonisation targets and timelines.
The refinery is part of Ampol’s Future Energy Transition and Decarbonisation strategy and will require delivery of new capability to all process engineering functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish baseline plans and progress initiatives for Decarb programs to transparently monitor and hold self and teams to account for delivery
- Engage the Lytton Refinery site in establishing effective operational efficiencies to improve understanding and engagement in Decarbonisation to deliver cultural change at core operational level to raise both profile and importance
- Hold project review board accountability for Capital Projects with significant Decarb justification to ensure benefits are properly represented
- Develop coherent process improvement plans, generate reporting and establish dashboards and continuous development at division level while maintaining product quality and optimum production
You will have tertiary qualifications in Chemical Engineering and hold current Registered Professional Engineer QLD (RPEQ) or possess eligibility and required experience to become registered.
Your extensive process engineering experience will for preference, be 10-15 years at senior engineer or superintendent level or similar in refinery/operating plant efficiencies.
You will also demonstrate technical or operational leadership experience and complex cross-functional project management with specific exposure to driving decarbonisation process change within an Oil Refining or Petrochemical plant operation.
Key skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of Refinery process units and associated carbon footprint
- Systemic thinking and applied problem solving to understand and address root cause
- Well-developed organisational skills and the capacity to be flexible in balancing priorities to meet role needs
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong engagement and relationship management ability
- Sound understanding of Agile principles
- Ability to work cross functionally across a broad range of disciplines and personnel to collaborate, coach and drive change in ambiguous circumstances
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for two privately used cars!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Care for your Community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners.
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Applications close Friday 10 February 2023.
Thank you to our prospective agency partners for your interest, we are not accepting CV’s at this time.