Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Lytton, Qld location
- Full time, permanent position
- Join a collaborative and supporting team
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role:
You will be responsible for the co-ordination of all Supply Scheduling activities relating to the Lytton Refinery, providing direction to the Refinery Operations team to develop optimal outcomes for performance, supply reliability and profitability.
Scope includes scheduling of refinery process units, pipelines, shipping, tank management, product blending and release of all finished products, using various software and analytical techniques.
This is a permanent position, located at The Refinery in Lytton reporting to the Manager of Lytton Refinery Planning. The successful applicant will have 3 direct reports, working in a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Leading the Lytton scheduling team and accountable for all ensuring all scheduling activities are well managed on a daily basis.
- Oversee the daily scheduling and optimisation of the refinery process units
- Management of key pipeline customers
- Investigation of supply incidents
- Initiate and implement profit improvement initiatives
- Improvement of scheduling systems and processes
- On call coverage over the phone providing guidance to operations (not a requirement to be onsite)
We are looking for an individual with good interpersonal skills to liaise and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, you will be highly committed and proactive in your approach. Ideally you will have Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Finance or Business- related discipline or relevant operational experience.
You will be experienced in the downstream oil industry and/or petroleum trading. Refinery experience is desirable for this role and ideally you would have demonstrated experience in areas such as supply planning/ scheduling supply operation, corporate planning/strategy or distribution. Understanding of refinery operational changes and associated impacts as well as the understanding of product quality requirements would be highly advantageous.
Key skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Chemistry, Finance/Business or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ refinery experience or scheduling experience in the fuels supply chain/manufacturing.
- Ability to collaborate across the business and lead technical analysis in a cross functional team.
- Experience with LP model development is desirable
- Commercial experience is desirable.
- Competitive Salary and performance bonus
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Fuel up on us - receive a 25% fuel discount all year round for two privately used cars
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Community giving day - spend one day volunteering with one of our partners
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against Covid-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We're an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today. Applications close on the 6th of February 2023.