Safety Business Partner
Location: Oxley Park
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Permanent full-time role
- Location: National role ideally based in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
- Work from home available with travel to sites (Car allowance 12K)
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role
In this role you will support the Ampol Retail business in implementing safety and risk focused work processes and programs for Ampol’s on site maintenance and project workers. The role will also be a central point of contact for WorkSafe/SafeWork regulators and co-ordinate with the relevant SME’s (i.e Fuels for dangerous goods) to provide information to regulators when required.
- Oversee Ampol’s Contractor Safety Management Process
- Provide training on the requirements and expectations of contractor safety management processes
- Review current systems, standards and process as relates to overarching 3rd line (Group Audit) auditing outcomes and contractors
- Act as the subject matter expert and provide advice to internal stakeholders on best practice safety
- Assist in the development of a process for routine field verifications and assurance activities
- Prepare and present reporting and data to relevant stakeholders within Ampol Retail
You will be able to effectively manage your time in a highly autonomous role requiring site visits and a high level of internal stakeholder engagement. A high level of attention to detail when preparing reporting and data. Ideally you will have experience in the fuels industry or similar.
Key skills and experience
- Tertiary Qualifications in Health and Safety or related discipline
- Extensive experience in a variety of technical and Safety roles. The preference is for experience in hazardous industry
- Strong commitment for Health, Safety and Security.
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to make balanced risk decisions.
- Able to foster positive and effective relationships within Ampol and with regulators.
- Able to engage effectively with people at all levels and have sound influencing skills.
- Able to plan effectively, meet deadlines and be self-motivated.
- Well-developed project management skills to enable leadership of complex Safety projects.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience for most of the following areas: risk management, incident investigation, Safety legislation, safety management (dangerous goods handling and storage, hazardous substance, ergonomics and injury), human factors, behavioural based safety, Safety systems design and implementation.
- Able to write high quality reports, procedures and presentations
- Prepared to travel away from home if required
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for two privately used cars!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Care for your Community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners.
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today.
Applications close on Monday 6 February 2023.