Dealer Growth and Strategy Lead
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia’s leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we’re the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia’s own.
- Permanent full-time role
- Location: Flexible state location
- Work from home days and some travel required
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. Check out one of our key leader's career stories, supported by Ampol. 7 Leadership tips for women in male-dominated fields - WORK180
About the role
In this role you will own the development, growth and improvement of the dealer channel network. You will develop strategies and act as the central support function relating to the dealer strategy. You will be an important asset in identifying and leading improvement projects to assist in enhancing our dealer offer and relationships.
- Lead the evolution of the dealer strategy in line with company direction, market trends and customer value proposition
- Provide market insights, opportunities, and risks to drive strategies
- Establish and own the dealer business process including improvements, compliance, and outcomes
- Oversee the strategic sales pipeline and integrate into business planning
- Delivery and development of dealer risk management improvement
You will be an individual who is able to influence and connect with stakeholders nationally and strive to increase efficiencies and opportunities to meet business needs. You will continuously seek feedback to ensure the strategy and growth plan is fit for purpose across all states. You will also have a critical eye for detail and well developed communication skills.
Key skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or significant experience in a similar role
- Extensive Retail and/or fuels industry experience
- Extensive experience in defining and driving a national strategy across multi-sites
- Demonstrated experience in program, project and business improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategy around commercial imperatives, compliance, process and systems
- Ability to engage internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for two privately used cars!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Care for your Community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners.
- Ampol Limited Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today.
Applications close on Wednesday 8 February 2023.
Thank you to our prospective agency partners for your interest, we are not taking CV’s at this time