Technician: Boilermaker Maintenance - Tropicana Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Owned by AngloGold Ashanti Australia Ltd (70% and manager) and Regis Resources Ltd (30%), Tropicana produces approximately 450,000 ounces annually. The Tropicana operation comprises a significant open pit mine with a 6 year life as well as the newly developed the Boston Shaker underground. The Boston Shaker underground has a mine life of 7 years with significant exploration upside being realised with a large brownfields drilling budget to support Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve growth creating an exciting future. Coupled with this, working at Tropicana provides the opportunity to work with a gold mining major on a stable, long life and well managed operation.
We are now seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Boilermaker) to join our Maintenance team at the Tropicana Gold Mine.
Accountable to the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, this permanent role is responsible for maintaining assets to ensure maximum efficiency of equipment and high plant utilisation. This role is based at Tropicana Gold Mine on an 8/6 roster flying from either Perth or Kalgoorlie.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
AGAA looks for employees who share our values and purpose and in return will join a collaborative workplace that offers a supportive and inclusive culture. At AGAA we are focused on having a safe and inclusive environment for everyone – an environment where people feel able to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so. Our Wellbeing Framework and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives are underpinned by the AGAA values that prioritise the safety of each and every person in our workplaces.
The main tasks of the role include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out maintenance tasks in the mill area as directed by Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintaining Crushers, Conveyor Systems, Pumps, Pipe Work, Ball Mill, Concentrators, Vibrating Screens & Feeders, Cranes & Hoists, Cyclones and all associated Tanks, Launders and Steelworks.
- Welding, fabrication, painting, grinding, and fitting
- Carry out installation of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment
- Ensuring that all activities are effective through cross-functional liaison and teamwork in accordance with the professional standards established by the Maintenance team
- Assist with shutdown co-ordination and execution
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A current trade certificate as either a Boilermaker/Welder/Fabricator
- CO open crane ticket will be viewed favourably.
- Significant experience in the maintenance of a Gold or mineral processing plant
- Experience working with noise, dust, elevated work areas, confined work areas, extremes of temperature, water, and slurry
- The ability to work as part of a multi-skilled workforce and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Computer literacy and proficiency with SAP is preferable
- Be a self-starter and have a dedicated commitment to safety, quality and teamwork
- Current WA Drivers Licence
- A National Police Clearance
- Existing and ongoing Permanent work rights in Australia (mandatory)
To be successful in this role you will also need to share AngloGold Ashanti's values and its commitment to safety and the environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a global mining organisation that values its employees and promotes a diverse and inclusive culture.
As well as offering a highly competitive remuneration package and a newly introduced FIFO Allowance, we offer challenging work and career development prospects and all our permanent employees (and their direct family members) are eligible for fully paid for private health cover, we also provide free annual flu vaccinations, professional memberships and paid parental leave.
We also have a number of active committees and programs that support our employees from a diversity and inclusion, health and wellbeing, and career development perspective.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any vacancy advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.