IT Systems Administrator - Tropicana
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Owned by AngloGold Ashanti Australia Ltd (70% and manager) and Regis Resources Ltd (30%), Tropicana produces approximately 450,000 ounces annually. The Tropicana operation comprises a significant open pit mine with a 6 year life as well as the newly developed the Boston Shaker underground. The Boston Shaker underground has a mine life of 7 years with significant exploration upside being realised with a large brownfields drilling budget to support Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve growth creating an exciting future. Coupled with this, working at Tropicana provides the opportunity to work with a gold mining major on a stable, long life and well managed operation.
We are seeking a well-organised, highly motivated systems administrator to help manage the company's IT&T systems. The applicant must have excellent troubleshooting skills, good technical aptitude and the ability to learn on the job. The role requires an ability to work alone and unsupervised at times, as well as with a small team. The role is FIFO (fly-in fly-out) at our Tropicana site on an 8/6 roster . While technical skills are essential, good people skills are equally important.
This is a diverse role, requiring a candidate able and willing to provide comprehensive IT support in busy office and industrial environments, supporting users and services across all levels. Tasks in a given day will range from simple password resets and minor user troubleshooting through to assisting with production-critical server, storage and network infrastructure builds. While challenging, it offers opportunities to work with a range of technologies and users of widely varying technical experience. The role requires good prioritisation skills, and offers the freedom to largely self-manage daily tasks. Applicants must be self-motivating and enthusiastic about finding technical solutions to business problems. You will be joining a motivated and experienced IT team who will both offer and seek support to resolve problems and continuously improve the IT function.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
AGAA looks for employees who share our values and purpose and in return will join a collaborative workplace that offers a supportive and inclusive culture. At AGAA we are focused on having a safe and inclusive environment for everyone – an environment where people feel able to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so. Our Wellbeing Framework and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives are underpinned by the AGAA values that prioritise the safety of each and every person in our workplaces.
Accountable to the Service Delivery Lead, the main tasks of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the maintenance of the corporate network, including server and network hardware, operating systems and applications
- Second level desktop support to 300+ users of widely varying technical proficiency
- Housekeeping and maintenance tasks on 300+ desktops, laptops, tablets and toughbooks;
- Supporting 200+ mobile phones, iPhones and iPads
- Assisting in the development of corporate infrastructure, procedures and work practices.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least three years’ experience supporting business users and business-critical infrastructure;
- Possess strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have the ability to work within a team and with staff across all levels of the organisation;
- Be able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues unsupervised; and
- Be able to prioritise tasks and manage your time well.
- Be WA based and have existing and ongoing Australian working rights.
Applicants with the following will be held in high regard:
- Certification in Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare and/or storage technology
- Previous exposure in the mining/resource industry, either in a CBD or remote location,
- Experience in dealing with mid-size corporate networks, WAN links, routing and remote access,
This is a good opportunity for a motivated IT support admin to take the next step, and join a tight-knit team with responsibility for all aspects of IT service provision in both corporate and industrial environments.
To be successful in this role you will also need to share AngloGold Ashanti's values and its commitment to safety and the environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a global mining organisation that values its employees and promotes a diverse and inclusive culture.
As well as offering a highly competitive remuneration package and a newly introduced performance bonus scheme, we offer challenging work and career development prospects and all our permanent employees (and their direct family members) are eligible for fully paid for private health cover, free annual flu vaccinations, professional memberships and paid parental leave.
We also have a number of active committees and programs that support our employees from a diversity and inclusion, health and wellbeing, and career development perspective.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.