Processing Technician: Gold Recovery - Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Located in the Laverton region, AngloGold Ashanti Australia's Sunrise Dam is one of Western Australia's premier gold operations. In late 2020 a new satellite open pit was approved (Golden Delicious) which will supplement the large-scale underground operation that employs more than 900 people and produces approximately 250,000 ounces of gold per annum. Ongoing investment in underground and regional exploration at Sunrise Dam has extended the mine life to 2031, with the opportunity for further extensions.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
AGAA looks for employees who share our values and purpose and in return will join a collaborative workplace that offers a supportive and inclusive culture. At AGAA we are focused on having a safe and inclusive environment for everyone – an environment where people feel able to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so. Our Wellbeing Framework and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives are underpinned by the AGAA values that prioritise the safety of each and every person in our workplaces.
About The Role
Accountable to the Superintendent: Metallurgy, this role is responsible for safely operating the gold room, elution circuit, and associated facilities, at their most efficient, productive and cost-effective level.
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off roster, fly in and out from Perth
With a passion for Processing practice, you will:
- Maintain a high level of security at all times
- Ensuring all accidents and incidents are reported according to company policy
- Operate the gold room and elution circuit at their most efficient level in accordance with specified standard operating practices.
- Manage gravity gold recovery, carbon movement, elution, electrowinning and smelting activities.
- Liaise with metallurgical and maintenance personnel around safety, plant/equipment performance and maintenance requirements
- Carry out routine performance monitoring duties such as sampling, sample analysis and equipment inspections,
- Contributing to the development of safe work instructions
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping, cleanliness, and tidiness around the gold recovery processes
- Strong commitment to workplace safety and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated experience working in a gold mineral processing plant
- Previous experience with gravity gold recovery, elution, and gold room operating functions
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous work environment
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to transfer knowledge in alignment with the department training matrix
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Sound computer literacy – Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to adapt to improve procedures and practices
- Current WA C Class Drivers Licence
- Existing and ongoing permanent work rights in Australia (Mandatory)
- Able to attain a National Police Clearance
Culture and Benefits
As well as offering a highly competitive remuneration package and performance bonus scheme, we offer multiple training and career development options, coaching, and mentoring programs, 18 weeks paid parental leave and comprehensive private health insurance to cover you and your family.
We understand the importance of creating, celebrating and rewarding a work environment that is inclusive, diverse and equitable; one that is underpinned by wellbeing. When our people show up at work, we want them to do so feeling supported and well equipped, mentally and physically, so that they can bring their best and authentic self to work. Through embracing differences and providing people with avenues to share their points of view, we generate the most value - for each person, the business, and the communities in which we operate. We demonstrate this through initiatives such as our active Inclusion, Diversity and Equity committee, employee-led networks along with programs that support our employees sense of inclusion, health, and wellbeing.
To be successful in this role you will also share AngloGold Ashanti's values and its commitment to safety and the environment.
Click ‘apply now’ and we will be in contact to continue the conversation.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any vacancy advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.