Accounts Assistant - Tropicana Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Owned by AngloGold Ashanti Australia Ltd (70% and manager) and Regis Resources Ltd (30%), Tropicana produces approximately 450,000 ounces annually. The Tropicana operation comprises a significant open pit mine with a 6 year life as well as the newly developed the Boston Shaker underground. The Boston Shaker underground has a mine life of 7 years with significant exploration upside being realised with a large brownfields drilling budget to support Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve growth creating an exciting future. Coupled with this, working at Tropicana provides the opportunity to work with a gold mining major on a stable, long life and well managed operation.
We are currently seeking two Accounts Assistants to join our Business Support and Services team on a permanent basis.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
AGAA looks for employees who share our values and purpose and in return will join a collaborative workplace that offers a supportive and inclusive culture. At AGAA we are focused on having a safe and inclusive environment for everyone – an environment where people feel able to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so. Our Wellbeing Framework and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives are underpinned by the AGAA values that prioritise the safety of each and every person in our workplaces.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Mine Accountant, the Accounts Assistant position is a part of the wider Business Support and Services department and is accountable for providing site wide accounts services and finance support.
The role is based at the Tropicana Gold Mine on an 8/6 roster with flexible working options considered.
The main tasks of the roles include:
- Provide a purchase requisitioning and service entry support service to operational personnel.
- Monitor purchase requisition and service entry approvals and ensure timely execution to purchase order.
- Monitor invoices and liaise with managers on payment approval and accounts payable.
- Preparation of accruals based on services received but not invoiced.
- Assist with month end tasks and journals.
- Complete general ledger account reconciliations.
- Provide monthly cost reports to operational personnel.
- Coordinate timely completion of Weekly and Monthly reports.
- Maintain SOX control files and comply with management systems and processes.
- Maintain accounts receivable and contractor back charges.
- Ad hoc tasks as directed.
- Have a general understanding of basic accounting practices such as journaling and bookkeeping
- Previous experience in SAP requisitioning, service entry and purchase order analysis is preferable
- MS Office software skills, particularly in MS Excel and Word.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrable attention to accuracy and detail.
- Display the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to achieve business goals.
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met.
- Unrestricted work rights in Australia.
Culture and Benefits
As well as offering a highly competitive remuneration package and performance bonus scheme, we offer multiple training and career development options, coaching, and mentoring programs, 18 weeks paid parental leave and comprehensive private health insurance to cover you and your family.
We understand the importance of creating, celebrating and rewarding a work environment that is inclusive, diverse and equitable; one that is underpinned by wellbeing. When our people show up at work, we want them to do so feeling supported and well equipped, mentally and physically, so that they can bring their best and authentic self to work. Through embracing differences and providing people with avenues to share their points of view, we generate the most value - for each person, the business, and the communities in which we operate. We demonstrate this through initiatives such as our active Inclusion, Diversity and Equity committee, employee-led networks along with programs that support our employees sense of inclusion, health, and wellbeing.
To be successful in this role you will also share AngloGold Ashanti's values and its commitment to safety and the environment.
Click ‘apply now’ and we will be in contact to continue the conversation.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any vacancy advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.