Superintendent: Underground Mine Production / Alternate Manager - Tropicana Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
After an impressive debut in 2013, the Tropicana gold mine has consistently achieved or beaten performance targets. Owned by AngloGold Ashanti Australia Ltd (70% and manager) and Regis (30%), this large-scale, modern gold operation has been one of the most significant Australian gold discoveries of the last decade.
Along with continued investment and focus on our open pit mining, Tropicana has also recently commenced underground operations at Boston Shaker.
Tropicana has now established itself as an industry leader in operational excellence, offering an attractive working environment and contemporary accommodation and facilities
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
AGAA looks for employees who share our values and purpose and in return will join a collaborative workplace that offers a supportive and inclusive culture. At AGAA we are focused on having a safe and inclusive environment for everyone – an environment where people feel able to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so. Our Wellbeing Framework and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives are underpinned by the AGAA values that prioritise the safety of each and every person in our workplaces.
We are now seeking expressions of interest for a Superintendent: Underground Mine Production / Alternate Manager to join our Underground Mining team. This role is based at the Tropicana Gold Mine on an 4/3 FIFO roster from either Perth or Kalgoorlie.
Reporting to the Manager: Underground Mining, this role will take ownership and responsibility of; Mine Control, Production Mining Engineers and work hand in hand with the MacMahon alliance to safely deliver the planned physicals.
The main tasks of the role include but are not limited to:
- Be an active safety leader; adhering to companies’ values, policies, and procedures
- Provide statutory responsibilities and ensure all statutory requirements for the underground mine are met
- Work with the MacMahon alliance to address operational issues, in order to deliver budget and mine physicals
- Identify improvement opportunities, to exceed targets
- Manage Mine Control and Production Engineers
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Behaviours consistent with AngloGold Values
- At least 7 years mining industry experience with a broad range of underground mining technical and management skills
- WA First Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency
- Competency with mine planning software, ideally with exposure to Deswik.
- Demonstrated capacity to make sound and timely decisions, by quickly assembling the facts to develop action priorities
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and motivating skills.
- Permanent work rights in Australia (Mandatory) *If you are already based in Australia with existing employer sponsorship we may be able to consider transferring it across.
- A National Police Clearance
To be successful in this role you will also need to share AngloGold Ashanti's values and its commitment to safety and the environment.
As well as offering a highly competitive remuneration package and performance bonus scheme, we offer challenging work and career development prospects and all our permanent employees (and their direct family members) are eligible for fully paid for private health cover, we also provide free annual flu vaccinations, professional memberships and paid parental leave.
We also have a number of active committees and programs that support our employees from a diversity and inclusion, health and wellbeing, and career development perspective.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any vacancy advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.