Underground Mine Geologist - Tropicana Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions - come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are now seeking an experienced Underground Mine Geologist to join our Geology team at Tropicana on a site-based 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth.
Accountable to the Senior Underground Mine Geologist, this permanent position is responsible for undertaking all aspects of underground ore control activities, including grade control drill planning, sampling, block modelling, ore production reconciliation and providing input into the short-term plan.
- Plan and supervise RC and diamond grade control drilling programs
- Maintain and develop the geological drilling and production databases and spread sheets
- Map development exposures for structure, alteration, rock type and mineralisation
- Reconcile stope production tonnes and grade back to the grade control model
- Monitor lab performance and produce monthly QAQC reports
- Create grade control block models using conditional simulation in MP3
- Supervise the Production Assistant in all aspects of their role
- Contribute to the development of the Mining department Short Term Plan and execute the requirements of the departmental budget
- Identify, assess and manage risks in order to improve reliability, quality and confidence of operational performance for the Grade Control Definition process
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, we would like to see you have:
- BSc in Geology or higher-level qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A high degree of organisational and administrative skills
- Good numeracy, literacy and as well as excellent communication & people skills
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality, and teamwork
- A good understanding of software applications including MS Suite and mining specific software – Vulcan, Pitram, MP3
- Current manual Western Australian ‘C’ class drivers licence
- Able to obtain a National Police Clearance
- Existing and ongoing Permanent work rights in Australia (Mandatory)
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.