Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. Our operations span every mainland state and territory in the country and we employ more than 1900 people.
Our vision is to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Bid Manager to join our Strategy and Commercial team in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth office on a Permanent Full Time basis.
Reporting to the General Manager - Energy Solutions – Power, you will be responsible for the facilitation of and collaboration with internal/external stakeholders to efficiently and effectively manage the back-end bidding activities and develop documentation and deliverables as required for project bids of all types (EOIs, RFPs, tenders and offers), both solicited and unsolicited. You will be responsible for the final submitted bid.
The role will also be responsible for development of APA’s bid management systems and processes and the ongoing management of the Energy Solutions Power proposals library and administration of the target opportunity list.
- Bid Management: Producing a Bid Plan for each bid, communicating schedules and tasks with the team, ensuring all internal and external parties comply with deadlines
- Systems Development: developing APAs bid management systems and processes
- Content Management – for each submission:
- Ensuring the content provided answers the questions and is tailored to the market intelligence
- Developing content, a response document, and an electronic folder structure for the response and attachments.
- Analysing the returnable schedules for any tender to ensure that any documents requiring a signature are identified early and addressed through the DLA/DEF process
- Ensuring APA meets all conditions of tendering
- Ensuring all the instructions for the submission have been met - i.e. notices, RFI’s, submissions dates, size font, page limits
- Document Production:
- Completion of final submission documentation;
- Printing, Packaging & Delivering hard/electronic copy of the tender/proposal/EOI. This will often include coordinating couriers for hard copy submission and management of all online portal uploads.
- Program: Ensuring detailed task schedules developed in line with the tender conditions and internal corporate governance procedures and providing timely feedback to the team
- Collateral Development: Preparing capability statements, project data sheets and presentation material and providing ‘boilerplate’ collateral to bid teams for tender schedules
- Systems and Process Development: developing APAs bid management systems and processes to ensure that the bidding activities can be undertaken efficiently and effectively
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualification and/or relevant work experience in related (technical) discipline
- Previous experience in a bid management or co-ordination role in the energy industry or similar infrastructure business
- General understanding of power generation and storage technical systems (qualifications in this field are preferred but not required)
- Computer literacy and proficiency in in document and file management
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience in developing documentation that is clear and effective in communicating the desired message
- Stakeholder management skills and ability to effectively engage with a variety of stakeholders with conflicting priorities
- Ability to work within deadlines and reprioritise as required
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team
- Essential Leadership Capabilities: Customer Focus, Commercial Acumen, Focus, Accountability, Judgement, Safety & Sustainability
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
Role closes on Thursday 6 October 2022. Role Reference number: 2524.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Visit us on apa.com.au/careers