Integrity Engineer - Facilities
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Integrity Engineer – Facilities to join our Networks team in Kidman Park SA or Thomastown VIC on a Permanent Fulltime basis.
Reporting to the Integrity Manager, you will provide integrity engineering services with a focus on facilities and support the management of assets operated and maintained by APA Networks.
- Ensure the integrity, safety, reliability and compliance of facilities operated and maintained by APA Networks
- Be proactive in identifying risks to be addressed and recommend proposals to prevent and mitigate those risks, actively driving either their resolution or escalation
- Provide nationally consistent, high quality, timely and cost prudent inspection, assessment and repair programs, including preparation of relevant business proposals.
- Undertake technical reviews, assessments and investigations in accordance with regulatory (e.g. Safety Case, Fitness for Purpose), Australian Standards (e.g. AS2885, AS4645), International Standards (e.g. ASME B31.3 & ASME VIII), and APA requirements (e.g. defect assessment)
- Support other business units in emergency preparedness and response
- Completed tertiary studies in a relevant engineering discipline and strong experience in a relevant area
- Knowledge of gas network components, materials, network configuration and design and operational principles
- Understand the interpretation and application of industry Codes of Practice, Standards, Acts and relevant legislation
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Able to achieve Registered Engineer status or equivalent
We manage and operate transmission pipelines and local distribution networks that deliver gas to around 1.4 million households and businesses across Australia.
This is an exciting time for the Networks team, we are growing and expanding with many new projects and have a strong culture of continuous improvement. We need people who are courageous, nimble and ready to make a positive impact.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Thursday, 1 December, 2022. Ref 3131
PD is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org