Team Leader Operations and Maintenance
Location: Mount Isa
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Team Leader - Operations & Maintenance to join our Operations team at Diamantina Power Station in Mount Isa, QLD on a one year fixed term contract on a full time permanent basis.
This role will offered on a residential basis, or point of hire Mt Isa – while working a nine-day per fortnight roster.
Reporting to the Manager Diamantina Power Station, you will be one of two Team Leaders responsible for the coordination and daily supervision of the Operations and Maintenance team while ensuring the effective control of this islanded network. The team consists of approx. 25 personnel including apprentices. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate courageous and nimble behaviours, be willing to make an impact through a collaborative approach and have a strong record of accountability.
Responsibilities and required outcomes are similar/equivalent to that of a power station shift lead, production lead or operations superintendent.
- Contribute to managing the operation and maintenance at Diamantina Power Station (DPS), so that equipment of the DPS operation is maintained in line with Technical, Statutory and Health, Safety & Environment requirements.
- Ensure all works are to be managed in line with the DPS asset management plans and APA Asset policies and guidelines.
- Lead and coordinate the Operations Technicians team in day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Power Station.
- Promote a zero incident safety culture.
- Ensure the team is up to date with all technical skills and coordinate relevant training as required.
- Relevant trade qualifications essential, tertiary qualification in mechanical, electrical or control systems required.
- Shift Lead experience in utilities asset operations or maintenance.
- Power station operations experience.
- Experience in contractor management and maintenance contracts.
- Sound understanding of Australian Standards/Practices and statutory requirements relating to the operation and maintenance of utilities asset.
- Ability to competently use relevant computer applications to analyse data and records.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage with stakeholders.
About the Team
You will be joining the hundred strong and growing QLD O&M team that operates and maintains the QLD Gas Transmission network, Power generation assets including Gas and Solar, and high voltage transmission line interconnectors (Vic/SA & Northern NSW).
This is an exciting time for you to join the Diamantina team as we integrate a number of projects and assets into the station and network.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Sunday 4th December Role Reference number 3143.
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com