Investor Relations Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Investor Relations Coordinator to join us in our Finance team either in our Sydney or Melbourne office on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Investor Relations, you will be working closely with the team focusing on managing APA’s investor engagement program across both institutional and retail investors.
- Organise, plan and manage investor event logistics including roadshows (domestic and overseas), results announcements, analyst and market briefings, investor days, site visits and annual meetings
- Prepare detailed schedules and briefing notes for analyst meetings and roadshows, and maintain an up-to-date CRM where all communications and contact activities are logged and detailed in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of investor-related communication materials including presentations and speeches, financial results, annual reports and resources
- Assist in preparation of periodic internal reports and resources such as the monthly Board investor relations report and Q&A documents
- Manage the Investor Relations email/inbox and any additional event email/inbox that are activated and ensure all investor queries are immediately acknowledged and a response given within 48 hours
- Manage the Investor section of APA’s website and blast mailout systems ensuring information is updated and distributed immediately as it is released/published
- Support IR relationships with APA’s service providers including APA’s registry; investor insights platform; webcast providers;; graphic designers and printers; event facility suppliers. Opportunity to support other strategic initiatives and investor relations activities as required
- Tertiary qualifications in Communication, Finance, Business, or Project or Event Management preferred but not essential. Completion of AIRA’s Diploma or Certificate of Investor Relations will be viewed positively.
- Skilled proficiency in using relevant software, particularly word, Powerpoint, excel, meeting platforms and CRM systems, with solid grammar and presentation design skills. Proficiency using financial platforms such as Miraqle/IR Insights, Eikon and Bloomberg will also be well regarded.
- Previous experience of investor relations practices, standards and legal compliance requirements from prior investor relations experience for an ASX listed company or communications agency; or experience gained within finance or the investment industry.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness and a well-organised self-starter who can think innovatively about managing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work to deadlines.
- Able to develop and maintain a network of relationships (internal and external) at all levels that inspire trust and respect; uses influence to shape the investor relations strategy. Experience managing different stakeholder expectations, and balancing these to achieve satisfactory business outcomes.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes 6 December 2022
Role Reference number 3163