Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. Our operations span every mainland state and territory in the country and we employ more than 1900 people.
Our vision is to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Facilities Mechanical Engineer to join our Facilities Engineering team in Perth on a permanent full time basis.
Reporting to the Team Lead Rotating, Facilities Engineering, you will play a key role in delivering customer focussed engineering service with a value add mind-set that drives operational excellence across APA West Coast facilities.
- First line operational support for APA above ground assets in terms of static mechanical equipment, including rostered after-hours support.
- Developing industry best practice maintenance strategies (RCM) for static equipment types, embedding these in the CMMS and reviewing regularly to improve reliability outcomes.
- Root cause failure analysis and reporting.
- Reviewing and managing operational engineering requests, prioritise and execute according to risk and criticality.
- Perform Management of Change (MOC) for static mechanical equipment, including modifications to station piping, valves and water bath heaters, obsolescence management, drawing updates and communications change plans where required
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (any discipline considered)
- Previous experience in gas transmission (facilities), power generation or midstream assets is essential
- Demonstrated experience with station piping, valves and water bath heaters.
- Experience in Incident Investigation and reporting
- Experience with Risk Assessments and risk management processes
- Demonstrated experience delivering business improvement outcomes across maintenance, reliability and inspection of assets. (Essential)
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. We are proud to offer hybrid working arrangements for our office based roles.
Role closes Sunday 4th December 2022. Role Reference number 3230
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Visit us on apa.com.au/careers