Commercial Systems Business Analyst
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. Our operations span every mainland state and territory in the country and we employ more than 1900 people.
Our vision is to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Commercial Systems Business Analyst to join our Market Services team in Brisbane on a permanent full time basis.
Reporting to the Manager - Commercial Business Analysis, you will play a key role in support services; delivering consistently high quality solutions that meet agreed business and industry requirements. On a day to day basis, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing requirements for the implementation of Gas Transport Agreements (GTAs) into APA Group systems
- Analysis and interpretation of GTAs in collaboration with the Commercial Managers
- Interpretation and impact analysis of regulatory and market reforms as well as solution design and implementation requirement specification
- Negotiation of solution options with relevant stakeholders including commercial, operations, IT and business units as required
- Development of content for internal and external training
- Close collaboration with project managers, software developers, end users and other stakeholders to ensure effective outcomes
- Knowledge transfer across multiple initiatives to ensure alignment
To excel in this position you will have the following skills, experience, qualifications and attributes:
- Proven experience in business & systems analysis
- Strong mathematical, financial, or engineering background
- Experience in working across business functions on complex, high profile projects
- Experience in hands on data gathering and analysis using MS Excel and SQL skills
- Excellent understanding of software development concepts and practices
- BA or PMO recognised Certification e.g. IIBA (desirable)
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile project delivery methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively and help groups to work together to accomplish a common goal
- Provides a professional customer driven service, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with attention to detail
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. We are proud to offer hybrid working arrangements for our office based roles.
Role closes 1st December 2022. Role Reference number 3192.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Visit us on apa.com.au/careers