Corridor Protection Officer
Job Type: Full time
APA is one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure businesses. We own and operate Australia’s largest gas network with over 1800 people across almost 70 sites throughout mainland, regional and remote Australia. APA has a strong commitment to achieving the best outcome through an inclusive and collaborative culture.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Corridor Protection Officer to join our Infrastructure Planning and Protection team in Wilton on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract.
Reporting to the Corridor Protection Lead, you will play a key role in contributing to the protection of APA Group infrastructure assets from third party interference. This includes, but is not limited to, inspections, awareness programs, third party and landholder liaison and encroachment investigations.
- Conduct regular risk-based corridor inspection programs to monitor compliance with defined standards and assist in identifying third party encroachments.
- Provide detailed scope descriptions and repair or rectification recommendations for identified corridor condition defects.
- Contribute to landholder liaison and stakeholder engagement activities, including visiting landholders and undertaking pipeline safety awareness presentations.
- Provide up to date input into relevant database as appropriate and in accordance with procedures.
- Provide regular reporting, to management and other stakeholders regarding corridor condition, compliance status, third party works and stakeholder issues.
- Investigate unauthorised encroachments to identify control failures and implement follow up actions.
- Advanced stakeholder liaison, negotiation and influencing skills, including the ability to represent APA effectively with external stakeholders, and deal constructively with internal stakeholders.
- Experience dealing with landholder and contractor/construction issues in a utilities or infrastructure context.
- Ability to quickly adapt to use of multiple IT systems to record and review information relating to infrastructure corridors including landholder data. A familiarity with the X-info suite of programs is preferred.
- Knowledge of requirements and risks associated with working around gas transmission pipeline infrastructure, or ability to rapidly acquire.
- General knowledge of linear corridor management principles and sufficient understanding of land management/environment management to identify compliance concerns during monitoring activities (e.g. erosion, weeds management, vegetation issues).
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
Role closes 29th January 2023. Role Reference Number 3885.
Visit us on www.apa.com.au/careers