Regulatory Compliance Manager
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Regulatory Compliance Manager to join our Asset Management team in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations Risk Compliance and Assurance you will play a key role in providing technical leadership and guidance across the business regarding regulatory management of gas transmission and power transmission/generation assets eastern Australian assets (QLD and NSW).
- Coordinating and maintaining all aspects of regulatory compliance across APA’s gas and power assets within multiple jurisdictions including prudential requirements, constructive interface with regulators and government agencies, rule and legislative change management, regulatory audit oversight and compliance checks. Applicable to:
- Gas transmission assets in QLD, NSW and SA
- Electricity generation and transmission assets nationally
- Effectively communicating regulatory change and leading the implementation of these changes across Operations.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the business on monitoring, maintaining and measuring appropriate standards of regulatory compliance.
- Liaison with technical regulators and prepare associated reporting.
- Required to champion the systems and processes that are established and implemented to track, monitor and report on compliance within both Operations and APA as a whole.
- Extensive technical regulatory management experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated deep industry knowledge and experience specific to technical regulation management (mandatory)
- Demonstrated knowledge and application, or the ability to quickly acquire the knowledge of the relevant state and Australian legislation governing gas and electricity transmission and electricity generation
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels of staff & management
About the Team
The Operations Risk, Compliance and Assurance team play an integral role in ensuring that APA continues to connect millions of Australians to essential energy sources every day and in pursuing our net zero ambitions.
You will work as an integral member of this multidisciplined, geographically dispersed and highly skilled team of professionals. The team’s role is to proactively engage with key stakeholders both within the business and externally to ensure that APA’s operations remain compliant while also providing guidance in support future growth opportunities.
This is an exciting time for our growing team as APA continues to expand it’s asset portfolio across the country. We need people who are courageous, nimble, and ready to make a positive impact.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Sunday 5th February. Role Reference number 3393.
PD is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org