Manager Operations Excellence
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Manager Operational Excellence to lead our Operational Excellence team team in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Perth on a full time basis.
Reporting to the General Manager Development and Integration, you will play a key role in leading the ongoing development, implementation and governance of an Operational Excellence framework to achieve world class operational, safety and environmental performance.
- Accountable for leading the Operational Excellence program within the Operations Division
- Lead and foster a positive climate to facilitate individual development, team performance to achieve company goals
- Development, implementation, continuous improvement and governance of the Operational Excellence Framework, leveraging industry best practice
- Engaging with Operations leaders to ensure Operational Excellence is fit-for-purpose and provides maximum value across the whole Operations group.
- Provide Tier 3 continuous improvement services to Operations teams
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement in the Operations group and provide tools and capability to team members
- Tertiary qualifications and relevant work experience in related discipline
- Successful experience in managing and leading a team of professionals
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing change initiatives
- Knowledge and experience in Operational Excellence in a related industry
- Formal training/qualifications in relevant Operational Excellence models/tools is highly advantageous
- Proven experience in developing and implementing process improvement and system optimisation strategies to deliver organisational compliance and efficiency
About the Team
The Operations division in APA operates our $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets around Australia. The Development and Integration team within the Operations division is a new team established to support our growth strategy. The team leads operational due diligence for all major new build assets and acquisitions, leads the integration of new assets into Operations and also leads the delivery of operational excellence and business improvement project for the Operations division.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Sunday 5th February. Role Reference number 3488
PD is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org