Training Coordinator - Trainee
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) listed energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our interests in electricity transmission assets.
We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. APA has a strong commitment to achieving the best outcome through an inclusive and collaborative culture.
We have an excellent opportunity to develop your business administration skills through a traineeship qualification, whilst supporting the Training Operations team at APA, Kewdale.
Working with a diverse team of coordinators, trainers, coaching and learning specialists, located in differing locations nationally, you will be involved in daily tasks including:
- Responding to and assisting to resolve training queries and issues raised by internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and coordinate the annual training schedule and calendar including liaison with external training providers
- Administration and maintenance of the Learning Management System including the updating of training records and creation of training courses and sessions
- Process purchase orders and invoices related to externally provided training
- Maintenance and updating of training reports
- Attend TAFE and complete the required coursework to achieve your Business Administration Certificate
Your traineeship will consist of 1-2 years of both formal classroom training and on the job work experience, during the fixed term employment of 2 years. After completion, there may be the opportunity for permanent employment and further development of your career with APA. Your TAFE fees will be covered by APA; however, you will need to bring your enthusiasm, willingness to learn and be part of a collaborative team.
In return we offer a friendly and flexible working environment, support to achieve your formal training qualification and a chance to work for one of Australia’s most diverse energy companies.
To be eligible to apply for our Traineeship, you will be / have:
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills, and a friendly can-do attitude
- A willingness to learn
- Initiative to solve varying queries and changing priorities
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Intermediate Microsoft 365 skills (primarily Word, Excel, Outlook, One Drive and SharePoint), or the ability to learn quickly
- Strong time management skills
- An interest in role(s) responsible for employee training and development
Sound like your kind of career? We would love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in, which is why we have partnered with WORK180.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
Role closes Sunday 12 February 2023
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter addressing the following (bullet point answers are fine):
- What makes APA a good place for you to work at?
- Why you would make a great Trainee.
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
Visit us on apa.com.au/careers