Commercial Operations Analyst
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. Our operations span every mainland state and territory in the country and we employ more than 1900 people.
Our vision is to be world class in energy solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Commercial Operations Analyst to join the APA Market Services team in Brisbane on a permanent full time basis.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Commercial Operations, you will work as an integral member of this multidiscipline, dynamic and fast paced team. This is a unique opportunity to step into a position where your curiosity and love of problem solving will be tested each day as no two days are the same. You will be joining Australia’s leading energy infrastructure business in a key area where you will acquire first-hand knowledge and insight into the Australian Energy Industry.
- Provide exceptional B2B customer service by proactively investigating and addressing customer queries
- Manage short-term commercial opportunities that support the dynamic energy market
- Verify and scrutinise operational data, ensuring accurate compilation of daily, monthly and ad-hoc transactions
- Ensure APA is satisfying its contractual obligations to its customers, whilst working closely with various teams to ensure optimal efficiency of infrastructure assets spanning across Australia
- Report key information and data to gas market regulators to enable APA to meet its market regulatory compliance obligations
- Support various projects through collaborating with key stakeholders
- Identify and develop process improvements within the team
- Work a rotating roster including mornings, afternoons and two weekends a month (inc. On Call Component)
- Join a positive and collaborative team working together to deliver exceptional customer service by successfully managing a diverse stakeholder group
- Persistent, self-starter, and personable individual who is inquisitive and enjoys problem solving
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Computer-savvy including intermediate excel
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools incl. SQL, Powerbi (preferred)
- Exposure to and understanding of Contracts (preferred)
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Law, Engineering, Mathematics or other related discipline (preferred)
This role would be appealing to an individual with an operational, logistic, legal, financial, commercial or engineering background who is looking for an opportunity to join the energy industry or an individual already in the industry.
About the Team
Our team forms a pivotal part of the Integrated Operations Centre which aims to provide reliable service to our Customers 24/7 365 days a year. We value diversity and consist of various disciplines as we know this ensures we remain nimble and can provide world class energy solutions.
We are seeking forward thinkers, who have a can do attitude, and want to make an impact both to our customers and the future of APA.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA Group focuses to provide you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Role closes 12th February 2022. Role Reference number 3472.
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com
Visit us on apa.com.au/careers