Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering and Planning team in Perth, Western Australia on a 15 Month Fixed Term Contract.
Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will play a key role in leading and executing project engineering design to achieve timely and efficient completion of SIB capex project portfolio.
- Ensure safety in design throughout project lifecycle
- Provide technical support for engineering design for modifications to existing transmission pipeline systems and facilities.
- Interpret and scope requirements, to arrive at appropriate and cost effective engineering solutions
- Ensure adherence to SIB project design stage gate processes and provide quality control to engineering design deliverables
- Maintain collaborative and productive working relationships with peers and customers
- Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent
- Chartered Professional Engineer or RPEQ Registration (preferred)
- knowledge of the requirements of Australian and international standards in the fields of mechanical and pipeline engineering for gas transmission systems
- Experience in ASME B31.3 station design (preferred)
- Experience in Static Equipment and Package Design (Preferred)
- Ability to lead mechanical design activities and provide technical review of engineering documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including effective liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Extensive experience in gas transmission, petrochemical or relevant industries
About the Team
Operating APA’s energy infrastructure requires technical solutions and sustainable operating decisions everyday. To support operations, APA invests in a program of “stay-in-business” capital works as part of each asset’s lifecycle plan. The Infrastructure Projects team builds physical projects that minimise risks, reduce costs and improve the operability of APA’s assets.
Infrastructure Projects is a passionate multi-discipline design and delivery team, covering engineering and project management. The team delivers projects across APA’s asset base from natural gas transmission, power generation, renewables and electricity transmission. These projects ensure APA’s assets keep up with expectations of customers, the community and APA’s vision to be world class.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Sunday 11th June 2023. Role Reference number 4278.
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com quoting reference number above